The proper handling of personal data is extremely important to us. Therefore, we take care when processing and protecting your personal information.
Personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address, and any other contact details you provide to us (including delivery address when you purchase our Products online).
- Your purchases online. To complete your online purchases via the official Neu Modo website, we use your name, gender, telephone number, contact details and all relevant information regarding your purchases, such as the amount and date of your purchases, the Product(s) or service you purchase, the device through which you make your purchases, payment method, payment status, bank account details, (employee) discount, promo code used (if any), gift with purchases (if applicable), optional additional personal card or engraving data, delivery method and delivery address.
- Your communication data. Any data shared by you when communicating with us via email, online, telephone, social media or any other form, such as questions, requests or complaints.
- Your ratings and reviews and feedback. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests and Product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for a number of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
Where you have provided consent
Where you have given permission to use your data:
- To contact you via email or SMS with marketing information about news and exciting offers relating to our products. For example, we rely on consent where you sign up to receive email newsletters by entering and submitting your email address. Where we send marketing information to you after presenting an opt-out option to you, we do so based on our legitimate interests, and not on the basis that we have obtained your consent;
- To contact you to reconfirm your marketing preferences from time to time;
- To contact you via SMS to confirm your delivery if required;
Where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations such as health and safety:
- To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information;
- To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law; and
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
Where necessary to perform a contract with you, or take pre-contract steps you’ve asked for
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you, including:
- To fulfil your orders, purchases and other transactions
Where necessary to pursue a legitimate interest
We may use and process your personal information using techniques such as analysis, evaluation, insight, customer surveys and others where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- To promote our brand
- To send marketing information to you after presenting an opt-out option to you
- Measure the reach of our marketing
- Judge the effectiveness of our campaigns
- Enhance your customer experience
- To operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities
Remember at the time we first collect your details we will give you an option to opt-out and stop us sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be repeated in every subsequent electronic marketing message to you.
We will use your personal information to send marketing information to you. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
- If you have requested to receive such marketing information from us by opting-in (you may withdraw your consent at any time); or
- In relation to marketing by post or email/SMS only, if we have obtained your contact details in the course of you placing an order or making a sales enquiry, and you have not objected to receiving such marketing communications from us. In this case, we will only use your contact details to send you email marketing communications that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us (you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time).
- The marketing we will send to you will contain information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers (including discounts, competitions and other promotions) and services. When you have not engaged with our marketing material for a while, we will contact you to reconfirm your marketing preferences.
- We try to tailor any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online and offline shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us (or we ask you to reconfirm your preferences and you do not respond), we will keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes. Please see further ‘The Periods for Which We Retain Your Personal Information’ below.
If after 2 years from the point you have had no interaction with our marketing emails/SMS we will email or text you to see if you want to remain on our marketing database and if you do not reply positively we will remove you from the list and place your details on our marketing suppression list.
Where we disclose your personal information to others
We only disclose personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our site, and social media pages. Such as:
- Distribution (UK): To deliver products you have bought to where you wish them to go and return them when necessary
- Email service providers (UK): To arrange for the delivery of an email correspondence to you
- Printing and distribution services for our brochures and other posted communication (UK): To arrange for the printing and delivery of brochures and other posted matter
- Customer Service Survey companies (UK): For them to contact you occasionally to determine your level of customer satisfaction
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the event of some or all our businesses undergoing a significant organisational change or if we had to comply with legal request.
Transfer of your personal information outside Europe
For all customers who shop within the UK, we do not transfer any personal information outside of Europe. If we do so in the future, we’ll let you know and take measures to protect your personal information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
The periods for which we retain your personal information
We retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.