We are pleased to launch our premium dual-motor height adjustable desk. Our main aim is to promote active standing and improve wellbeing.
At the same time, we want to offer an affordable and high quality solution to the public.
Please note: we do not currently delivery to Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
Click here to see some benefits of a standing desk!
Click here to read more about our company and brand!
New Cable Management Solution coming soon!
Note: If you purchase just the frame, you will require a drill to drill holes into your tabletop. The screws we provide are aimed to fit into our pre-drilled tabletops.
Why invest in a height adjustable desk?
Height adjustable desks or standing desks are terms used to describe products that enable you to work while standing. The first step of purchasing one is determined on why you need it and the benefits it can provide. Some studies have shown:
- Standing lowers your risk of weight gain and obesity. When compared to an afternoon of sedentary work, an equal amount of time spent standing has been shown to burn over 170 additional calories. That is almost 1000 extra calories burned each week from simply standing at your desk each afternoon.
- Using a standing desk may lower risk of blood sugar level spikes. In a small study of 10 office workers, standing for 180 minutes after lunch reduced the blood sugar spike by 43% compared to sitting for the same amount of time. Both groups took the same amount of steps, indicating that the smaller spike was due to standing rather than additional physical movements around the office. Another study involving 23 office workers found that alternating between standing and sitting every 30 minutes throughout the workday reduced blood sugar spikes by 11.1% on average.
- Standing may lower your risk of heart disease. A study found that bus conductors who stood all day had half the risk of heart disease-related deaths as their colleagues in the driver’s seats. Since then, scientists have developed a much greater understanding of the effects of sitting on heart health, with prolonged sedentary time thought to increase the risk of heart disease by up to 147%.
- Standing desks appear to improve posture and reduce back pain which is one of the most common complaints of office workers who sit all day. Participants have reported up to a 32% improvement in lower back pain after several weeks of using standing desks. Another study published by the CDC found that use of a sit-stand desk reduced upper back and neck pain by 54% after just 4 weeks.
- Improve your mood and overall wellbeing. In one 7-week study, participants using standing desks reported less stress and fatigue than those who remained seated the entire work day.
- Standing desks may improve productivity even though there are occasional concerns that they hinder daily tasks such as typing. In a study of 60 young office employees, using a standing desk for 4 hours each day had no impact on characters typed per minute or typing errors. Considering that a standing desk could improve mood and energy, it could also boost productivity.
Our height adjustable desk is designed to last years (depending on its use and they way it is looked after).
How often will you be using the desk and for how long? Divide the desk price by the number of days you plan to use it. This activity will allow you to justify the long-term benefits from this investment.
That is why we are currently only offering a high-quality and premium solution. Other cheaper electric desk variants are often aimed at shorter term solutions and offer basic build-quality. Manual desks are also a cheaper option, however in reality, once you have added weight onto the desk, you will not want to wind the desk up to a standing position every time. Thus leading to less frequent use of the desk. Features included in our desk:
- Quiet operation (<50dB) – prevent disturbances to your surrounding
- 140kg weight tolerance – allow you add more items on the desk
- 3-stage leg frame – to allow the user to lower the desk to a very low height of 60cm and increase up to 125cm. Whereas in other 2-stage cheaper models, the height of the desk cannot be reduced below a certain level (generally 71cm) or increased above a certain level (generally 120cm). Therefore the 3-stage option caters to a wider user-base.
- Dual motor to increase weight capacity and improve stability
- Premium handset model included as standard
- Anti-collision safety feature to prevent the desk from collision with a stationary object that is in its way. This prevents damage to the desk and office/home-related injuries
How long could you spend at a desk in your lifetime?
|Number of Hours Per Day Spent at a Desk||Equivalent Number of Years Spent at a Desk|
*assuming 250 calendar work days and assuming you spend 30 years doing a desk-based job
If you have any queries, please reach out to us via our contact page. Happy to help!
Height Adjustable Desk Product highlights: Powered by high-quality Dual Motors. Extendable steel frame to various widths. Anti-collision System built-in. Load capacity of 140kg. Stable steel frame and feet. Premium keypad included. 2-year warranty included.